So this post is actually going to be a work in progress – right now, here are the shots of the guest room! I’m hoping to be done with it within the next few months, but I’m waiting on a big freelance paycheck (you can read more about that in my About page!) before I buy any more decor.
I obviously still need an end table for next to the bed, and some more decor – but the major part (the bed!) is all done. It actually ended up being even cheaper than I was anticipating, since I was using stuff I already had!
- The mattress I found on the side of the road in our neighborhood (I know, sounds icky, but it was free and I disinfected it. It was also wrapped in plastic when I picked it up). An equivalent would be this. – $0 (saved $600)
- The rug I raided from my grandma and great aunt’s basement, it’s been around for probably at least 30 years. Here’s a similar one! – $0 (saved $50)
- Two of the pictures I took from my old bedroom at my mom’s house; both were gifts. I’m gonna work on getting some more from Hobby Lobby! I also got one from a garage sale. – $2 (saved maybe $50)
- The pillows I got on Amazon – $40 for two 2-packs
- The sheets I got on Amazon (they are CRAZY soft, I’m about to get a second set for our master bedroom!) – $22
- The duvet cover and insert are from IKEA, but came from our bedroom from before we got a new comforter. – $30 + insert (I can’t find the insert online!)
- The platform bed I got on Amazon – $105
Total: $199 + duvet insert!
I’ll update this post as I get more decor for this room. Do you guys have any ideas for what I should put in here?